Are you a qualified (or keen to try working in this area) Special Needs teacher seeking a position in a dynamic, collaborative and supportive special needs school?Would you like to work in a small pre-school with plenty of planning time as part of an experienced team of early years educators?Are you a compassionate teacher who loves forming great relationships and getting great results with children with a wide range of special needs?Do you want to experience remote outback life in the NT and live in the beautiful town of Alice Springs?The schoolThis Special Needs school, with about 80 students and 40 staff, comprises an Early Childhood unit, four primary units, four inclusive satellite classes in local mainstream primary schools, a Middle Years and Secondary class and a Transition to Work sub-school.The school provides an intensive and inclusive educational program catering for students with moderate to profound intellectual and multiple/complex disabilities and has been recognised as creating high expectations and having a strong commitment to academic excellence. The school strives towards a vision of being a centre of excellence for special needs education in Central Australia.The School fosters a culture that promotes learning for its students aged between 3 and 19 years, with 66% being Indigenous.  Students come from Alice Springs as well as remote communities on the Northern Territory, WA and QLD borders and is a vital part of the central Australian community.The school has a focus on literacy, and on following each student’s individualised education plan.  Explicit in this plan is an incremental development of not only academic learning but also in independence, communication, social development, emotional self-management, living skills, health care and mobility.The roleThis is a 2020 academic year contract commencing ASAP, with the possibility of a permanent position for the right person moving forward.The role entails teaching a small combined class of Year 8 and 9 students. About 60% of students are indigenous and the remaining 40% multi-cultural.About youThe personal qualities that are required for teaching and working in this environment include resilience, adaptability, a positive attitude and a love of working with children with moderate to severe special needs.New Graduate teachers are welcome to apply.Salary packageAn excellent salary is offered in accordance with the Northern Territory teacher salary award. An airfare to Alice Springs and a relocation allowance is provided.If you feel you have the professional and personal qualities for this role, please Apply through Seek or email your CV and a covering letter directly to:Meredith DrynanTeacher Recruitment ConsultantTEACHER APPOINTMENTSmeredith@teacherappointments.com.au0450 125 657  Australia - WA Perth

Middle years / lower secondary Special Needs teacher | Alice Springs: Start ASAP

Are you a qualified (or keen to try working in this area) Special Needs teacher seeking a position in a dynamic, collaborative and supportive special needs school?

Would you like to work in a small pre-school with plenty of planning time as part of an experienced team of early years educators?

Are you a compassionate teacher who loves forming great relationships and getting great results with children with a wide range of special needs?

Do you want to experience remote outback life in the NT and live in the beautiful town of Alice Springs?

The school

This Special Needs school, with about 80 students and 40 staff, comprises an Early Childhood unit, four primary units, four inclusive satellite classes in local mainstream primary schools, a Middle Years and Secondary class and a Transition to Work sub-school.

The school provides an intensive and inclusive educational program catering for students with moderate to profound intellectual and multiple/complex disabilities and has been recognised as creating high expectations and having a strong commitment to academic excellence. The school strives towards a vision of being a centre of excellence for special needs education in Central Australia.

The School fosters a culture that promotes learning for its students aged between 3 and 19 years, with 66% being Indigenous.  Students come from Alice Springs as well as remote communities on the Northern Territory, WA and QLD borders and is a vital part of the central Australian community.

The school has a focus on literacy, and on following each student’s individualised education plan.  Explicit in this plan is an incremental development of not only academic learning but also in independence, communication, social development, emotional self-management, living skills, health care and mobility.

The role

This is a 2020 academic year contract commencing ASAP, with the possibility of a permanent position for the right person moving forward.

The role entails teaching a small combined class of Year 8 and 9 students. About 60% of students are indigenous and the remaining 40% multi-cultural.

About you

The personal qualities that are required for teaching and working in this environment include resilience, adaptability, a positive attitude and a love of working with children with moderate to severe special needs.

New Graduate teachers are welcome to apply.

Salary package

An excellent salary is offered in accordance with the Northern Territory teacher salary award. An airfare to Alice Springs and a relocation allowance is provided.

If you feel you have the professional and personal qualities for this role, please Apply through Seek or email your CV and a covering letter directly to:

Meredith Drynan

Teacher Recruitment Consultant

TEACHER APPOINTMENTS

meredith@teacherappointments.com.au

0450 125 657